Saturday, February 23, 2013

Laundry day. And there's nothing better than clothes dried in the sun. --Piglet

I finally did it! I painted a room in my house. Having lived in parsonages for all my married life, I've never been able to do this-- until now! Here are some pics of the makeover I gave my laundry and mud room.
 
I'm a huge believer that your home should reflect YOU, when you have the ability to choose what's in it. Of course, decorating can be pricey, or in my case, often prohibited. But if you have the luxury of deciding on your home's appearance, relish it; and create a space that says who you are. You're lucky!
 
 
This is the mudroom. The door-turned-coat-rack was salvaged from my Grindiddy's parents house. This was their front door. The house was empty for about 15 years before it was burned down. I used to play house there.










The glass doorknobs are original to the doors. The outside knob was purple, and the inside knob clear. I've repurposed them as hooks.
 
This is my little "take your shoes off" nook. The basket (and it's twin on the set of drawers) are from Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro, about 30 minutes from where we live.
The pillow belongs to the house; it was here when we moved in, as was the ottoman.
I sewed and painted the ottoman cover.



 
I used chalk board paint to create a little message center above the washer & dryer.

 

We reattached the door plates, too.

Finishing touches :)