Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Crockpot Mulled Apple Cider

Food is celebrated in my family, and recipes are metaphors.

Collected from my Mawmaw (my father's grandmother), this has become my mother's favorite holiday recipe. It's my reminder that good things come out of all families.

 


crockpot mulled apple cider, beverage, drink, redhot candies, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, orange, pineapple juice, slow cooker
Image derived from Apples! by Cale Bruckner via Flickr



Crockpot Mulled Apple Cider

Ingredients:
1/2 gallon apple cider
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice

1 t whole allspice
1 t whole cloves

8 oz. cinnamon red-hot candies


Place whole allspice and whole cloves in a cheesecloth or tea ball. Place in crockpot with apple cider and fruit juices. Simmer for 2 hours on Low. Remove spices. Stir in red-hot candies. Simmer 20-30 minutes, or until candies melt. Serve hot!

Click here for printable recipe.

Shared with Growing Home