Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Minutes on: Worship

Five Minute Friday on: Worship

Sometimes I get really discouraged with myself that I can only remember one worship song. I mean, I know lots of worship songs and hymns, but I go around singing the same one all the time.
 
I catch myself singing it, and think "There's a that same old song again. I'm going to sing another one."
 
And then my mind goes blank. I can't think of a single. other. one.
 
So I sing... "Your Love O Lord reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness stretches to the sky. Your righteousness is like a mighty mountain, Your justice flows like the ocean's tide."
 
Over and over again.
 
I sing it in the shower, and when I'm folding laundry. I sing it to my baby when I rock him.
I sing it all the time.
 
It's my anthem, I guess.
 
I like it, but I wonder why it's that song and no others.
 
Do you have an anthem? Did you choose it or did it choose you?

 
Five Minute Friday
Linking up with Five Minute Friday with Lisa Jo Baker

1 comment :